Find out how to apply for a postgraduate course at the University of Surrey and discover what happens after you've applied.
Follow our steps to be prepared for your postgraduate application.
- Decide which course you want to study. If you're still undecided, find the right postgraduate taught course or postgraduate research programme for you.
- Find out how to apply online (if you'd like to apply for a postgraduate research programme, please read our application guidance first).
- Await our decision, find out what happens once you get an offer from Surrey.
If you're an international student applying to Surrey, you may need to consider:
- Applying for a visa
- Applying for an ATAS certificate
- English language requirements
- English language courses
International pathway programmes
International students who do not meet the direct requirements for a postgraduate course have the opportunity to apply for a Pre-Masters Preparation Programme at the University of Surrey International Study Centre. Upon successful completion, you can progress to a degree level course at the University of Surrey.
You can choose one of the following:
- Management, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism Pre-Masters programme
- Engineering Pre-Masters programme
- Health and Medical Sciences Pre-masters programme
Find out how to apply for a Pre-Masters Preparation Programme or apply directly by using the online application form on the University of Surrey International Study Centre website.
Postgraduate admissions policies
We want to support students to achieve their full potential and believe that it is important to consider applications based on individual merit. With this in mind, we will consider your application in a fair, transparent and consistent way.
The University of Surrey can facilitate students transfers between programmes within the University, and from one institution to another. For further details read our information on student transfers.