How to apply
You can apply for a postgraduate taught or postgraduate research course at Surrey using our online application form.
You can apply to study one of our postgraduate taught or research degrees directly from the relevant course page. Find your course.
If you're an international student applying to Surrey, you may need to consider:
Apply for a postgraduate course
To start, go to ‘Apply now’ on the course page, select your mode and study and start date. You can then register for Surrey Self-Service, where you can complete our online application form.
You’ll need to upload some documents as part of your application. The documents we need depend on the course and your circumstances, but usually include:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show how you meet, or expect to meet, the entry requirements
- Evidence of your English language level, if English is not your first language
- A copy of your passport, if you need a visa to study here
- A personal statement (for non-research courses)
- A research proposal (for research courses only)
- Contact details of two referees.
Postgraduate research courses
If you'd like to apply for a postgraduate research course, please read our important additional information about applying for research courses and studentship opportunities.
Most of our postgraduate courses have a deadline of 1 August for home or EU applications and 1 July for international applications. We recommend you apply as early as you can.
If a postgraduate course has a different deadline, you'll be able to see this on the relevant course page.
Track your application
After you apply you’ll receive an email with details of how to log in to Surrey Self-Service, where you can track the status and outcome of your application. It's important you log in as soon as possible after receiving this email, as we use Surrey Self-Service to communicate with you.
If we need further information from you to assess your application, we'll let you know using Surrey Self-Service.