You can apply for a place on a postgraduate taught or research degree at Surrey directly from our programme pages. Find your course here.
If you’re an international student, you may need to consider:
You can find entry requirements specific to your country on each programme page.
Apply for a postgraduate degree
To begin, click on the ‘Apply now’ button under the ‘Apply online’ section on the programme page. You can then register for Surrey Self-Service where you can complete the application form.
You’ll need to upload various documents as part of your application. The documents we need vary by course and circumstance, but in most cases include:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show how you meet, or expect to meet, the entry requirements
- Evidence of English language level (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your passport (if you need a visa to study here)
- A personal statement (for non-research programmes)
- A research proposal (for research programmes only)
- Contact details of two referees
Postgraduate research degrees
Read important additional information about applying for a postgraduate research degree and studentship opportunities.
The majority of our postgraduate programmes have an application deadline of 1 August for Home/EU applicants and 1 July for International applicants. However, you are advised to apply as early as possible.
Where a postgraduate programme has an alternative deadline, this can be viewed on the relevant programme page.
Track your application
Shortly after you apply, you’ll receive an email with details of how to log in to Surrey Self-Service, where you can track the status and outcome of your application.
You must do this as soon as possible as we will use the Surrey Self-Service to communicate with you.
If we require further information from you in order to assess your application, you will be notified via Surrey Self-Service.