Apply to study one of our postgraduate taught or research degrees directly from the relevant course page:
If you're an international student applying to Surrey, you may need to consider:
Complete the application form
- Go to the apply section on the course page
- Select your mode and study and start date
- Register for Surrey Self-Service
- Complete the fields required in the application form
Please note: if you'd like to apply for a postgraduate research programme, please read our application guidance first.
You’ll need to upload some documents as part of your application. The documents we need depend on the course and your circumstances, but usually include:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show how you meet, or expect to meet, the entry requirements
- Evidence of your English language level, if English is not your first language
- A copy of your passport, if you need a visa to study here
- A personal statement (for non-research courses)
- A research proposal (for research courses only)
- Contact details of two referees.
We recommend you apply as early as you can. We publish the application deadlines on the course pages for each entry point of a course but as a guide, for October starts we advise applying by 1 August for UK students and 1 July for international students.
If a postgraduate course has a different deadline, you'll be able to see this on the relevant course page.
Track your application
After you apply you’ll receive an email with details of how to log in to Surrey Self-Service, where you can track the status and outcome of your application. It's important you log in as soon as possible after receiving this email, as we use Surrey Self-Service to communicate with you.
If we need further information from you to assess your application, we'll let you know using Surrey Self-Service.
- Find out what to do when you get an offer