Lakeside Restaurant and Coffee Shop privacy notice
The Lakeside Restaurant team is part of the University of Surrey. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We are committed to ensuring that the personal data we process is handled in accordance with data protection legislation, and we have a Data Protection Officer, Elizabeth Powis, who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our responsibilities is to tell you about the different ways we collect and use your personal data. This statement provides details about these uses. In addition to this statement, you may be given further information about the uses of your personal data when you use certain services offered by the University of Surrey.
The Lakeside team collects the following data about people it keeps on its mailing lists:
- Email address.
We have this data about you on our mailing list because you requested to join it.
The Lakeside team also holds data about you when you have booked events, hospitality or made restaurant bookings because you provided it when booking for a table for a meal or an event and completed one of our contact forms. This can include:
- Email address
- Other contact details
- Details of event/order/booking
- Dietary requirements of group.
The Lakeside team only collects the data we need and we keep the data up to date and only for as long as it is needed.
We collect your personal data on the mailing lists in order to:
- Send you the regular soup or monthly newsletter mailing.
We keep your personal data from bookings to:
- Meet your requirements for your event, hospitality or restaurant booking, including future bookings.
We do not use the data we collect to make decisions about individuals or to analyse information. We take our obligations for data handling very seriously and it is therefore important for you to know that the lawful basis for us processing your information is that consent has been provided by the data subject for the processing of their personal data for the purposes specified above.
We collect the data about you from the mailing list request and forms you complete when booking with us. The mailing list data is then kept in a database and used to contact individuals to achieve the purposes listed above. The bookings data is kept in the Lakeside systems which enable us to fulfil your requirements.
We keep your personal data in accordance with the University’s retention schedules. This means that your data is kept for 5 years and then destroyed.
Your data will not be shared with any other University department or external organisation.
As an individual whose data we process (a data subject), you have certain rights in relation to the processing. Find detailed information about your rights as a data subject.
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data where we have relied on that consent as our basis for processing your data.
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing.
- Request that we rectify any inaccuracies where the data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Have your data erased by us, although in certain circumstances we may not be able to do this. The circumstances where this applies can be found in the guide to data subject rights information.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways.
- Obtain your personal data for reuse.
- Object to certain processing of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please visit our make a privacy request section.
Make a complaint
If you have any concerns about the way that we have handled your personal data please email the Data Protection team as we would like to have the opportunity to resolve your concerns.
If you’re still unhappy, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (an independent body set up to advise on information rights for the UK) about the way in which we process your personal data.