15th International Conference on Mid-Infrared Optoelectronic Materials and Devices (MIOMD)
The Mid-Infrared Optoelectronic Materials and Devices (MIOMD) conference was established in 1996 and organised by Professor Tony Krier at Lancaster University. The conference has since become an established international conference series focusing on the latest developments in the field.
- Original abstract submission deadline: Thursday 10 June 2021
- Extended abstract submission deadline: Monday 21 June 2021
- Abstract acceptance notifications: Wednesday 30 June 2021
- Registration deadline: Tuesday 31 August 2021
- Conference dates: Wednesday 1 September - Friday 3 September 2021.
About the conference
The conference is currently held approximately every two years. The previous conference was held in Flagstaff, Arizona in 2018.
The 15th MIOMD conference was scheduled to be held at the University of Surrey in September 2020. However, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic this was postponed to 2021 and will now be held as an online meeting from 1-3 September 2021.
A wide range of topics including the following will be covered:
- Infrared optoelectronic materials development, growth, and characterisation
- Infrared optoelectronic devices, components, and systems
- Infrared emitters and detectors
- Interband and intersubband materials and devices
- Novel architectures based on new materials and low-dimensional structures
- Non-linear infrared optoelectronics
- THz materials and devices.
Registration now open!
Owing to the Covid-19 pandemic, the conference will proceed as a virtual online only event. We are therefore offering a single low registration fee for all participants.