MSc Business Analytics programme receives prestigious UK-first IIBA accreditation
Surrey Business School’s MSc Business Analytics programme has received accreditation from the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®), further enhancing its place as a UK-leading Business Analytics master’s course.
1 September 2023
The University of Surrey and Surrey Business School are very excited to announce that the MSc Business Analytics programme is now accredited by IIBA® – the very first UK university to receive this prestigious endorsement, and are delighted that this partnership represents a highly recognised professional qualification in the Analytics domain.
1. Demonstrating a systematic, in-depth understanding of the development, issues, and influences relevant to the discipline of business analytics within various cultural settings in either local or global context.
2. Applying high-level learning and data-driven-problem-solving and analytical-research abilities for decision-making in the range of modules studied, while being able to present findings effectively to non-technical audience.
3. Developing and enhancing the interpersonal and data-driven professional skills across different cultures in various contexts (corporations or academia).
4. Evaluating, applying, and developing effective quantitative analytical methodologies leveraging on various decision-making software and data management tools, for decision-making.
5. Demonstrating competence in a range of skills that are relevant to the needs of future business analytics professionals, irrespective of the sector of operation, to think critically and independently based on relevant data, for analysis and synthesis purpose and to modify existing knowledge structures and theoretical frameworks to discover and/or create new areas for investigative research.
This endorsement not only underscores the quality of our program but also offers our students an unprecedented pathway to industry-leading certifications like CCBA and CBAP. Our joint commitment will undoubtedly shape the future of Business Analytics, providing academic rigour coupled with real-world applicability.
Upon confirming the programme endorsement, Programme Director Dr Colin Fu noted:
"As the Programme Director of the MSc Business Analytics at the University of Surrey, I couldn't be prouder of this groundbreaking relationship with IIBA, that our MSc Business Analytics program is the first in the UK to be endorsed by IIBA. This endorsement not only underscores the quality of our program but also offers our students an unprecedented pathway to industry-leading certifications like CCBA and CBAP. Our joint commitment will undoubtedly shape the future of Business Analytics, providing academic rigour coupled with real-world applicability. We are opening new doors together—for our students, for our institutions, and for the industry at large."
Melissa Novielli, Academic Program Manager and Andy Grazebrook, Account Manager for Europe at IIBA also added respectively:
"Not only does it signify a major milestone for the University of Surrey, but it also enriches IIBA's mission to elevate the field of Business Data Analytics in the United Kingdom. We are proud to work with the University of Surrey in supporting the start of futures in this dynamic field."
“We are very happy to announce our first endorsed program in a UK University! University of Surrey have just completed and succeeded their IIBA Academic Program endorsement for their MSc Business Analytics program. We are thrilled with this new landmark partnership."
This will help our students immensely as they embark on a career in data analytics in business, irrespective of whether they have just started out or are seasoned analysts. I look forward to our partnership with IIBA to further business analytics at Surrey.
Associate Professor, Dr Abhijit Sengupta, commented:
"I am delighted that the MSc Business Analytics programme offered by the Department of Business Analytics and Operation at Surrey Business School has partnered with IIBA as part of its Business Analysis certification. It is a recognition of the fact that the analytics programme we offer is cutting edge and relevant for making real business impact. This will help our students immensely as they embark on a career in data analytics in business, irrespective of whether they have just started out or are seasoned analysts. I look forward to our partnership with IIBA to further business analytics at Surrey."
Professor Steve Wood, Surrey Business School Dean also said:
“The endorsement of IIBA for Surrey Business School’s MSc Business Analytics programme represents recognition of a world class business education experience that equips students with the necessary skills for a career in an exciting, cutting edge, dynamic field.”
Following on from the MSc Business Analytics course receiving the first SAS accreditation of a module on a UK university degree, earlier in 2023, these accreditations highlight Surrey Business School’s commitment to academic excellence in the teaching provided, genuine leadership in the field of Business Analytics and represent the rigour, relevance and quality of the programme offered.
For further information and to apply for the programme, find out more on the MSc Business Analytics course page here.
Dr Abhijit SenguptaHead of Department of Business Analytics and Operations, Associate Professor (Reader) in Business Analytics
External Communications and PR team
Phone: +44 (0)1483 684380 / 688914 / 684378
Out of hours: +44 (0)7773 479911