The PALLUP Study – Educational film privacy notice
The PALLUP Study team are part of the University of Surrey. The University is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and are committed to ensuring that the personal data we process is handled in accordance with data protection legislation. We have a named Data Protection Officer, Elizabeth Powis, who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of our responsibilities is to tell you about the different ways we collect and use your personal data. This statement provides details about these uses. In addition to this statement, you may be given further information about the uses of your personal data when you use certain services offered by the University of Surrey.
By registering for the PALLUP study Educational Film and with your permission you have given us:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your job title
- Your organisation you are associated with
We have asked you for this data for the sole purpose of contacting you – with your permission – at 12-month intervals until the end of 2029 to find out if you have used the film and any other feedback you may wish to give us.
We have collected your personal data in order to contact you at 12-month intervals until the end of 2029 to find out if/how you have used the film, and to receive any other feedback you wish to give us on the film and our research. This is because it is very important for us to know the impact (if any) that our research has had on relevant stakeholders.
We take our obligations for data handling very seriously and it is therefore important for you to know that the lawful basis for us processing your information is that consent has been provided by the data subject and they have given his or her consent for the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes.
We keep your personal data in accordance with the University’s retention schedules. This means that your data is kept for 5 years after completion of the PALLUP research study and then destroyed.
We will not share your information with anyone outside of the PALLUP study team.
As an individual whose data we process (a data subject), you have certain rights in relation to the processing. Find detailed information about your rights as a data subject.
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data where we have relied on that consent as our basis for processing your data.
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to gain access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing.
- Request that we rectify any inaccuracies where the data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Have your data erased by us, although in certain circumstances we may not be able to do this. The circumstances where this applies can be found in the guide to data subject rights information.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways.
- Obtain your personal data for reuse.
- Object to certain processing of your personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please visit our make a privacy request section.
Make a complaint
If you have any concerns about the way that we have handled your personal data please email the Data Protection team as we would like to have the opportunity to resolve your concerns.
If you’re still unhappy, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (an independent body set up to advise on information rights for the UK) about the way in which we process your personal data.