Five reasons to study a masters in Accounting and Finance at Surrey
We’re proud to be ranked in the top 10 for business and economics in the UK and 61st in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022. As a student of Accounting and Finance you’ll be based in the Surrey Business School and be part of a vibrant community focussed on improving business practice and creating a sustainable and positive change.
- Learn how to run a business: at some point of your career, you may consider changing to a management role or starting your own enterprise. Our MSc Accounting and Finance will equip you with the essential expert knowledge required to run a business.
- Apply for CFA (one level exam): if you are interested in gaining the CFA titular qualification, you will have the chance to apply for a part-funded CFA scholarship.
- Entry-level exemptions for the ACCA and ACA accountancy professional bodies: when you complete this one-year programme, you will have the opportunity to apply for some exemptions from ACCA and ACA, giving you a head start with the accreditation process.
- Significant CIMA exemptions: on successful completion of your studies, you will qualify for numerous exemptions from CIMA, the management accountancy chartered body.
- Broad career choices: if you have not yet decided where your future career path will take you, the MSc Accounting and Finance will prepare you for many different career paths (including accountant, auditor, and financial analyst) and allow you to explore diverse job opportunities at home and internationally. Surrey has been awarded the prestigious accolade of University of the Year for Graduate Employment in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2022.