Dr Emma Reardon
Dr Emma Reardon is a Teaching Fellow and Programme Leader for the BSc (Hons) in International Hospitality and Tourism Management at the University of Surrey. Emma brings a wealth of industry knowledge and hands-on practitioner experience to her teaching and early-career research endeavours.
Before joining the University of Surrey in December 2019, Emma was the Learning and Development Manager for the five-star Merrion Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. Emma’s professional experiences, in addition to her time in The Merrion Hotel, include various management roles held in luxury properties, such as Dromoland Castle Hotel and Country Estate, Hayfield Manor, Aghadoe Heights Hotel and Spa, and The Inn at Dromoland.
Emma completed her PhD in The Economics of Quality Management in the Irish Hotel Industry at Technological University Dublin in 2020 and holds an MA (First Class Hons) in International Tourism from the University of Limerick and a BA (Hons) in Business Studies with Event management from Limerick Institute of Technology. During her time at the University of Limerick, Emma was awarded The Kemmy Business School and Northern Trust Outstanding Scholar Award for her academic achievements.
Areas of specialism
University roles and responsibilities
- Programme Leader BSc (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management
Extern Examiner - National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway) / Shannon College of Hotel Management (2021-2025)
Emma is currently working on forthcoming publications relating to her PhD. Her research interests and areas of specialism include:
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Rooms Division Management
- Educational Research
- Workplace Learning and Development
Funding (£) provided by Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Surrey. In progress since April 2021.
Supported by Routledge | Taylor & Francis | UK. In progress since March 2021.
Postgraduate research supervision
- Speciality Operations in Hospitality (UG & Module Leader)
- Understanding Service Delivery (UG & Module Leader)
- Rooms Division Management (UG)
- International Hospitality Operations Management (UG)
- Hospitality Events Management (UG)
- Operations Analysis (UG)
- Hospitality & Tourism Operating Systems (PG & Module Leader)
- Postgraduate Dissertation Supervisor