Dr Vasileios Katsoulis
Academic and research departmentsDepartment of Finance and Accounting, Surrey Business School.
Vassilis is a Teaching Fellow in Finance at Surrey Business School and a Programme Director of Accounting and Finance UG Level 5. He has a BA in Business Administration from the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), and an MBA from the University of Piraeus, both with a specialisation in Accounting and Finance. Vassilis holds a PhD in the area of Corporate Finance, and more specifically in the field of Corporate Governance, from Henley Business School (ICMA Centre) of the University of Reading.
His main research interestes lie in Corporate Finance (CEO and Board characteristics), Corporate Governance, and Corporate Social Responsibility. He also has a keen interest in Behavioural Finance, and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A). Vassilis currently teaches Business Finance and Corporate Finance modules in the BSc programmes.
Vassilis' teaching experience encompasses a wide spectrum of subjects within the Business and Finance realm, and covers a 14-year period at the underraduate (UG) and at the postgraduate (PG) level.
He has worked as a Lecturer in Finance at the University of Huddersfield London, having taught the following modules of the “MSc Accounting and Finance” Programme:
- Principles of Finance
- Financial Reporting and Company Performance
- International Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Governance
- The Global Professional
He has also worked as an Online Tutor for the “Global MBA” Programme of the University of London (in collaboration with Queen Mary University and UCL), having taught in successive cohorts the following modules:
- Business Economics for Managers
- Portfolio Management
- International Corporate Finance for Managers
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity
- Strategic Project
Vassilis has provided Executive Training for the “Mastering Corporate Credit Programme" of the Risk Training Institute (RTI), ICAP Group SA, Greece, on the following modules:
- Financial Management
- Liquidity Risk
His engagement in teaching also comprises varied levels of tutorship. He has worked as a:
- Visiting Lecturer in Finance at the University of Aberdeen, teaching "Accounting and Finance" at the undergraduate (UG) level
- Teaching Assistant in "Portfolio Management" and "Behavioural Finance" at Henley Business School, International Capital Markets Association (ICMA) Centre of the University of Reading, at the undergraduate (UG) and at the postgraduate (PG) level
- Guest Lecturer in "Trends in Finance" at Henley Business School, ICMA Centre, University of Reading at the postgraduate (PG) level
Throughout his career, Vassilis has also worked as a Tutor of a wide range of Business and Finance modules for several Secondary Education Tutorial Schools in Greece, as well as for a leading Greek Private Institute of Professional Training (Delta SA, Greece).
He is currently teaching:
- MAN2165 Finance for Business I
- MAN2106 Corporate Finance
at Surrey Business School, University of Surrey, UK.