The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is a leading centre for research and teaching.
Our leading rankings
- 2nd for hospitality, leisure, recreation and tourism in the Complete University Guide 2019
- Top five for hospitality, event management and tourism in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Top five for hospitality and leisure management in the QS World University Rankings 2018
- Top 10 for hospitality, leisure and tourism in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- Top five for hospitality and tourism management in the ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management offers:
- Pioneering courses
- Partnerships with leading figures in the HTE sector
- A team of world-class academics and industry experienced teaching fellows
- Executive education programmes
- A remarkable track record in graduate employment
- Professional Training placements, giving students a head start in their careers
- Our very own restaurant, providing training for Hospitality students
- State of the art facilities on a beautiful, safe, relaxed campus.
The School’s vision is to be a global leader in hospitality, tourism and events education and research.
The School will continue to offer stimulating, industry-relevant programmes for students wishing to study and develop their careers in this growing sector.
This includes undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research courses, as well as executive education courses for those already in the industry.
The School will also continue to conduct academically rigorous, impactful research, working with international partners to achieve this mission.
The School has a world-class reputation for its research in hospitality, tourism and events (HTE) and is top ranked in national league tables and globally for its publications. Read more.
Consistently topping the UK university league tables and ranked in the world’s top four since 1980, the School’s exemplary record speaks for itself.
Recent figures show that 94 per cent of our students are in employment or education within six months of graduating.
Thanks to the School, Surrey became the first university to receive the Tourism Society Award – a recognition of its commitment to excellence in the tourism industry.
The School was also the first institution in the UK to receive UNWTO TedQual certification for its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Unlike other schools of tourism and hospitality, we have distinct expertise in both areas. Our School is comprised of the Department of Events, led by Graham Berridge, Department of Tourism and Transport, led Dr Scott Cohen and the Department of Hospitality, led by Professor Leo Jago.
The School is also home to the Centre for Research and Enterprise, an externally-facing access point for the School’s research and enterprise activities.
- School of Tourism Management, Sun Yat-sen University
- College of Tourism and Service Management, Nankai University
- Department of Hotel and Tourism Management, School of Management, Zhejiang University