The University of Surrey is just 10 minutes’ walk from the centre of Guildford. The vibrant and lively town offers everything you need, from restaurants and shopping through to sport and nightlife.
What does Guildford offer?
Watch our student video tour to learn more about everything you can do in Guildford.
Guildford from a student perspective
View our gallery to see more of our city and what you can expect as a student with us.
Discover Surrey, London and more
- The University campus is situated within sight of the beautiful Surrey Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- The University bus provider, Stagecoach Ltd, offers an affordable and frequent bus service between our sites and the town centre. It also serves areas in North Guildford, Godalming and the wider Stagecoach South network. Students and staff can purchase a special travelcard valid on any Stagecoach service in the region including Guildford’s four Park & Ride services.
- Only 34 minutes from Guildford to London by train
- Surrey is home to Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park, two of the UK’s biggest theme parks
- Guildford is less than 35 minutes from Heathrow and Gatwick, the UK’s two largest international airports
- Sports venues on the doorstep, including the tennis at Wimbledon or the rugby at Twickenham
- Fast transport links to tourist attractions like: Stonehenge and Hampton Court Palace
- Close proximity to Dover, for trips across across the English channel.