Library membership for alumni
Alumni or retired staff members who live in the UK are eligible for free membership to our on-campus Library.
Accessing the library
About alumni membership
The University of Surrey Library is now open to Alumni. Information and updates about the library can be found on the Library website
As a valued part of the alumni community, you can:
- Use the library space
- Access the guest WiFi with your own device
- Borrow up to four items for seven days
- Use our click and post service and borrow up to four books, which we can post out to you (UK & EU area)
- Search our collections in advance on MySurrey.
Open access repositories
Access to other open access materials such as books, journals, datasets and global open repositories can be found via this Open Access research resources list.
You can also use the Open Access Button to easily connect you with open access research.
How to apply
To obtain a library card, please complete our alumni benefits form. Once completed a PDF document will appear for you to download as proof of your alumni status. Please forward this document to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following details:
- Full name
- Student Number (if possible)
- Postal Address
- Phone number
- Email Address