You may have finished your studies at the University of Surrey, but your time with us doesn’t have to stop there. Discover how you can benefit from our careers and professional development services, even after you graduate.
Careers Service and Employability
Upon successful completion of your degree, you may have already secured a job – but if you need help, we're here for you.
Our Careers Service is open to all alumni and we are particularly skilled at supporting recent graduates, helping them to navigate through various career options and possible destinations.
We can offer:
- Interactive career workshops
- Professional talks
- Access to exclusive professional online networks
- One-to-one career mentoring for the first two years after graduation
- Mock interviews and assessments
- Advice on your CV and completing application forms
- Psychometric testing sessions
- One-to-one guidance appointments
- A vacancies board, to keep you up to date with exciting opportunities
- Advice on working abroad
For more information on any of the above services, please contact our Careers Service.
Continuing professional development
We provide professional development courses across a wide range of disciplines, enabling you to enhance your understanding and gain additional professional skills.
As a graduate of the University, you qualify for discounts on a number of our executive education programmes and are entitled to receive a ten per cent discount off postgraduate and MBA programmes.
To discover more, please visit our continuing professional development page
There are a number of ways in which you can stay professionally connected:
- Follow our university and alumni groups on LinkedIn
- Attend one of our professional and networking events
Looking to recruit
Our undergraduate and postgraduate students are highly focused and motivated, and achieve considerable success in finding employment. We believe that this is a testimony both to their calibre and the relevance of our courses to the world of work.
We aim to provide an accessible and flexible service to help you recruit our graduates.
- Free listing of vacancies on our online jobs board
- Attend a career and placements fair
- Raise your company profile with networking evenings, campus interviews
We are always happy to discuss your needs, particularly if you are considering graduate recruitment for the first time or taking a placement student.
Please contact the Careers Service on email@example.com or +44 (0)1483 68 9001 for more information.