As a graduate from the University of Surrey, you are entitled to further support from the Employability and Careers Centre as you begin or advance on your career ladder.
Complete your Graduate Outcomes survey and help future Surrey students
- Graduate Outcomes is a national survey capturing information about the activities and perspectives of graduates
- You will be contacted 15 months after finishing your studies
- Your responses will help current and future students gain an insight into career destinations and development
- You will be helping Surrey to evaluate and promote our courses
- You will receive an email inviting you to complete the survey online and may be contacted by phone
All information is handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and reported anonymously
More online resources: HESA
To continue to access our Employability and Careers services, you will need to update your Surrey Pathfinder account to Alumni status.
You can do this from today:
Step one: Retain access to our job search portal, events and careers appointments.
Please make sure you enter your student number and a non-University email address, as your University email will no longer work after graduation.
Step two: Retain access to our rich catalogue of career development tools, resources and industry links.
How do you prepare to start a new job?
Amongst the feelings of excitement and enthusiasm starting a Graduate Scheme, Placement or any job can be a nerve wracking experience (it’s natural to feel this way!).
But you can combat the nerves by feeling prepared and our ‘Business Skills’ module on Surrey Pathfinder can help you to feel ready for the world of work.
Explore characteristics of effective leaders, get to grips with preparing and organising meetings and learn about how to deliver a successful presentation.
There are plenty of resources on Surrey Pathfinder about work readiness and our Careers Ambassador Holly provides an insight in our recent blog.
Services available to graduates
If you graduated within the last three years, you are entitled to:
- Guidance and mock Interviews (also available as telephone appointments)
- Quick queries
- Surrey Pathfinder.
- One appointment (either a guidance/mock interview or a quick query appointment) per working week
- Up to four guidance interviews or mock interviews per annual cycle.
If you graduated more than three years ago, you are entitled to:
This includes using our vacancy portal, events attendance and access to all of our resources.
Unitemps, which is based on campus, works closely with local graduate employers to help them recruit the best talent and skills from the University of Surrey. These local jobs are advertised on the Unitemps website.
Find out more about alumni benefits through the alumni benefits page.