Replacement certificate

Find out how to order a copy of your degree certificate and access your transcript.

Award certificates

The Assessment and Awards Office is responsible for issuing award certificates and authenticated photocopies of award certificates for all University of Surrey, St Mary's University, Roehampton University and associated institution students. Documents below can be requested via the online store. Please note that the first option is for courier payment, should you require it. This option must be selected in addition to any documents requested.

If you have any queries as to what documents you may require please email


Letters of award confirmation   

If you require a letter confirming that you were a student at the University of Surrey, or any of the associated institutions should contact the Assessment and Awards Office, email

There is a charge of £12 payable at the online store (Letter confirming award/Location of Study letter - Pack of 6). 

Letters of confirmation are normally produced within 10 working days of confirmation of receipt of fee. Please note that during busy periods, this may take a little longer.

If you require documents to be sent to WES (World Education Services - US/Canada), BOLE (New York Board of Law Examiners) or a Nursing Widening Access letter please email with details and we will advise on the process.

How to pay

Former students requesting replacement certificates, additional copies of transcripts or letters confirming awards (including DOATAP) must use our online store to pay for services first.

Contact us

To speak to the Assessment and Awards team please email

  • Assessment and Awards Office

    Academic Registry, Senate House

    University of Surrey 


    Surrey GU2 7XH

Third-party requests

Please note that the University can no longer accept reference or education verification requests via email, telephone or fax from third parties, including potential employers.

All requests for award and attendance verification from external third parties should be made through Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD). This is an online electronic verification service which is universally accepted. Please visit HEDD website for further information.