SurreyConnects is our new online platform bringing alumni and students together for networking and mentoring.
Register, create your profile and get networking online, find talent for your business, develop mentoring skills by supporting current students and share your knowledge with others.
The SurreyConnects platform is a place where students can reach out to ask one-off questions about your industry or request short-term career mentoring over a ‘virtual coffee’.
Let’s harness the power of the Forever Surrey alumni network and help students and recent graduates prepare for success in the job market.
Features of SurreyConnects
- Job vacancies and the ability to advertise jobs
- A directory of alumni and students willing to help one another
- Integrated video calling and messaging – meaning it can all happen in one place!
- News, events and photo galleries
- Resources to get started as a mentor
You can customise your own profile, decide how much time you are able to spare and what you’d like to get involved with. All it takes is one click to make a connection.
Three Cups of Coffee Mentoring Scheme
Three Cups of Coffee is our short-term, informal, mentoring scheme on SurreyConnects.
Over three online chats, you can become a mentor and offer advice and networking opportunities to students who are starting out in their careers. This simple programme will create meaningful connections for mentors and mentees alike.
Why join SurreyConnects?
- Re-connect with fellow Surrey graduates and meet new people.
- Access new talent – meet talented students and recent graduates looking for opportunities.
- Stay connected – keep up to date with the latest news from your University.
- Boost your network – meet others from the Surrey community, gain new perspectives and open up new opportunities.
- Support our students – help the next generation of Surrey graduates by sharing your career or industry experiences.
- Become a mentor and boost your CV – develop your own skills by taking part in the informal, short-term mentoring programme, Three Cups of Coffee. We’ll be here with resources and ideas to support you as you become a mentor on the scheme.