Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) is a UK-wide programme to help businesses in the UK to innovate and grow. It does this by linking a company with a university and a graduate (called a KTP associate).
A KTP enables a business to bring in new skills and the latest academic thinking to deliver a specific, strategic innovation project. The project can last between 12 and 36 months, depending on what the project is and the needs of the business. Part-funded by Innovate UK, KTPs have been running for over 40 years and are one of the most successful business support programmes in Europe.
Benefits of taking part in a KTP
- Businesses achieve an average increase in annual profit of more than £1 million after taking part; they also create around two new jobs
- Academic partners produce on average more than three new research projects and two research papers for each project
- Around 60 per cent of KTP Associates are offered a permanent job in the company when the KTP ends.
Objectives of a KTP
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and technology and the spread of technical and business skills
- Stimulate and enhance business relevant research and teaching undertaken by the university
- Provide company-based training for recent graduates to enhance their business and specialist skills.
The Business Development team has extensive experience in supporting successful Knowledge Transfer Partnerships. We manage a diverse portfolio of KTP projects with SMEs and large corporates reflecting the wealth of expertise across the University of Surrey. The Business Development team work closely with your business to support the KTP project from the initial introduction and scoping, through to development of the business case, drafting and submission of the proposal. In addition we provide post-award support to the partnership up to final completion.
If you would like to find out more about how a KTP can help you to develop your business, access academic expertise, improve your business performance and help you to become more competitive and productive please contact the Business Development team.
Tel: 01483 68 20 50