12:30pm - 2pm
Monday 20 May 2019
Three Minute Thesis Finals
Surrey's finalists for the 2019 Three Minute Thesis competition have been chosen!
Come along to support the six postgraduate researchers from across the university as each delivers an accessible talk on their own research in just three minutes, and help choose the people's choice winner.
First Floor Training Room (Bellairs and Shepard)
University of Surrey
This event has passed
Whether you want to show your support for a finalist, learn more about research at Surrey, or see what the 3MT is all about, all are welcomed! A light lunch will be provided for all registered guests.
- Busayo Olaleye (Department of Chemical and Process Engineering)
- Clayton Bevas (Department of Mechanical Engineering Sciences)
- Ayan Ahmed (School of Psychology)
- Gavrielle Untracht (School of Biosciences and Medicine)
- Natasha Kinloch (Department of Sociology)
- Erin Ling (School of Hospitality and Tourism)
The judging panel will be chaired by Prof David Sampson (Vice-Provost of Research and Innovation)
- A light lunch will be provided for all registered guests from 12pm
- Competition and judging 12:30-1:30pm
- Winners announcement 1:30-2:00
Info on 3MT:
The 3MT® is an international competition developed by the University of Queensland in which doctoral students explain their research in three minutes in language appropriate for a non-specialist audience using one static PowerPoint slide but no other resources or props. The winner from the University of Surrey will be entered into the national semi-final competition, which is coordinated in the UK by Vitae. It is a fun event and a great way to see some of the fabulous research that doctoral students are involved in.