12 noon - 1pm
Thursday 25 June 2020
Online Webinar: To buy or not to buy? Retail business models in times of crisis
Surrey Business School invites you to a webinar to discuss the challenges within the retail industry.
During this webinar, Prof Sabine Benoit and Prof Tazeeb Rajwani will discuss the current state of the retail industry in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Dramatic changes, including hoarding, limited stocks, social distancing in retail, and communities in lockdown, require an immediate change in how retailers operate, both in-store and online.
Webinar discussion points include:
- What are the strategies typically employed by retailers to survive this pandemic?
- Who are the winners and losers?
- What threat comes for retailing from the sharing economy?
- Where do retailers go from here?
- Which retail business models are future proof?
- What is amazon’s next move?
Sabine Benoit is Professor of Marketing, Surrey Business School
Tazeeb Rajwani is Professor of International Business and Strategy, Surrey Business School
The webinar will be moderated by Mark Simmons, Executive Education Coordinator, Surrey Business School.
Please follow the below Eventbrite link for more details and to register your attendance:
If you were unable to attend the webinar, please watch the video below.