Guildford Residents' Survey Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Survey respondents who meet the terms and conditions of the survey (respondents must be aged 16 or over and be residents of Guildford Borough) may choose to enter into the Prize Draw by providing their email address at the end of the survey. No purchases are required. If you require the survey and accompanying documents in an alternative format, please contact our Public Engagement team via email@example.com.
- The Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to residents of Guildford Borough who are aged 16 and over and who provide their email address in the online survey or who provide their email address or postal address in a hard copy of the survey (available on request)
- The Prize Draw is run and administered by the University of Surrey, Stag Hill, Guildford, GU2 7XH
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions
- Only one survey response/ prize draw entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Multiple entries from the same IP address will be disqualified. Entries that contain any content that is offensive, harassing, discriminatory, libellous, defamatory, violent, malicious, hateful or sexual in nature will be disqualified
- Employees of the University of Surrey or Surrey Sports Park may not enter the Prize Draw
- To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the survey in full and submit your email address in the online survey or your email address or postal address in a hard copy of the survey (available on request)
- The University of Surrey accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by the University of Surrey
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 5pm on Sunday 20 June 2021. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered. Hard copies of the survey and consent forms must be posted to Public Engagement, Fifth Floor, Duke of Kent Building, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH and marked ‘Prize Draw’ and should be received by the closing time and date
- Three winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
- The winner will be notified by email to the email address or by a letter to the postal address provided (for respondents submitting hard copies of the survey) by the Respondent on or before Friday 9 July 2021 and must provide proof of age and address to claim their prize. We do not retain this data. If a winner does not respond to The University of Surrey within 14 days of being notified by The University of Surrey, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and The University of Surrey shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and The University of Surrey shall be entitled to select another winner
- The £100 cash prize will be issued to a winner by The University of Surrey via bank transfer. If winners have not received their prize money within 14 days of providing proof of age and address, they must contact the University’s Public Engagement team
- The prize is non-transferable, and is not redeemable for other prizes
- Completed surveys including the intellectual property rights belong to the University of Surrey
- By entering the Prize Draw, you acknowledge that you agree to the use of your personal data for the purpose of administering the Prize Draw, as detailed in the privacy notice
- The University of Surrey accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. The University of Surrey further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of The University of Surrey for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence
- The University of Surrey reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of The University of Surrey in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.