My research project
Computational modelling of the effect of product formulations on skin penetration
Investigating skin penetration is very important in many aspects and many researchers have paid their attention in this area. Product formulations is one of the main factors that has a huge effect on skin penetration. Although many experimental approaches are taken to investigate this area, computational modelling is very important in predicting and analysing skin penetration considering time and cost.
To analyse thermodynamic property variations in different formulations and investigate how these variations affect the skin penetration of ingredients is one of the main aims of this project. Skin penetration is modelled through MATLAB. Evaporation is one of the main factors that changes the formulation. Evaporation is modelled starting with basic principles and that model is combined with skin penetration model to analyse the effect of evaporation on skin penetration. Further, other factors of the formulation that can affect the skin penetration such as pH, viscosity and penetration enhancement will also be investigated in the project.
Research Theme : Formulation and Products
University roles and responsibilities
- Foundation year laboratory demonstrator (September 2020 - present)
My main research interests are as follows
- Computational modelling of dermal absorption kinetics
- Computational modelling of evaporation from product formulations
- Computational modelling of solubility variations of product formulations
- Modelling the effect of penetration enhancement on skin penetration