Zahra Pooranian is a postdoctoral fellow in Network Security at the 5G Innovation Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK. Before joining the University of Surrey, she was postdoctoral at The Alan Turing Institute, London, UK. She was working on Enhancing Security and Privacy of National Identity Systems project. From 2017 to 2019, she was postdoctoral in Network Security under the supervision of Prof. Mauro Conti at the University of Padua, Padua, Italy. She was part of the Security and PRIvacy Through Zeal (SPRITZ) research group and working on a European H2020 project, TagItSmart! - Smart Tags driven service platform for enabling ecosystems of connected objects. Her main activities include but are not limited to cloud/fog storage security and privacy and applying AI/ML techniques for malware detection. She received her PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science at Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy, in February 2017. She was honored to be supervised by Prof. Enrico Tronci on Automating Design of Smart Grid Systems. Besides, she was involved in the FP7 project SmartHG (Energy Demand Aware Open Services for Smart Grid Intelligent Automation).
- Data Privacy
- Cloud Storage Security
- Cloud/Fog Computing
- Smart Grid Systems
- Machine Learning Algorithms
- Z. Pooranian, M. Shojafar, S. Garg, R. Taheri, R. Tafazolli. LEVER: Secure Deduplicated Cloud Storage with Encrypted Two-Party Interactions in Cyber-Physical Systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII), Vol. PP, pp. 1-10, August 2020. (IF = 9.112)
- R. Taheri, R. Javidan, M. Shojafar, Z. Pooranian, A. Miri, M. Conti. On Defending Against Label Flipping Attacks on Malware Detection Systems, Springer, Neural Computing and Applications (NCAA), pp. 1-23, March 2020. (IF = 4.774)
- R. Taheri, R. Javidan, Z. Pooranian. Adversarial Android Malware Detection for Mobile Multimedia Applications in IoT Environments, Springer, Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP), pp. 1-12, February 2020. (IF = 2.313)
- R. Taheri, M. Ghahremani, R. Javidan, M. Shojafar, Z. Pooranian, M. Conti. Similarity-based Android Malware Detection Using Hamming Distance of Static Binary Features, Elsevier, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), Vol. 105, pp. 230-247, April 2020. (IF = 6.125)
- P.G. Vineuza, Z. Pooranian, M. Shojafar, M. Conti, R. Buyya. FOCAN: A Fog-supported Smart City Network Architecture for Management of Applications in the Internet of Everything Environments, Elsevier, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), Vol. 132, pp. 274-283, October 2019. (IF = 2.296)
- M. Shojafar, Z. Pooranian, M. Sookhak, R. Buyya. Recent advances in cloud data centers toward fog data centers, Wiley, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CPE), pp. 1-4, April 2019. (IF = 1.447)
- Z. Pooranian, J. H. Abawajy, Vinod P., M. Conti. Scheduling Distributed Energy Resource Operation and Daily Power Consumption for a Smart Building to Optimize Economic and Environmental Parameters, In (MDPI) Energies, Vol. 11, May 2018. (IF = 2.702)
- P.G. Vineuza, Z. Pooranian, Sh. Shamshirband, J. H. Abawajy, M. Conti. Fog over Virtualized IoT: New Opportunity for Context-Aware Networked Applications and a Case Study, In (MDPI) Applied Sciences, Vol. 7, December 2017. (IF = 2.474)
- M. Shojafar, Z. Pooranian, P.G. Vineuza, E. Baccarelli. FLAPS: bandwidth and delay-efficient distributed data searching in Fog-supported P2P content delivery networks, Springer, Journal of Supercomputing (SUPE), pp. 1-22, June 2017. (IF = 2.469)
- P.G. Vineuza, M. Shojafar, H. Mostafaei, Z. Pooranian, E. Baccarelli. P_SEP: A Prolong Stable Election Routing Algorithm for Energy-limited Heterogeneous Fog-supported Wireless Sensor Networks, Springer, Journal of Supercomputing (SUPE), Vol. 73, No. 2, pp. 733-755, February 2017. (IF = 2.469)
- Z. Pooranian, M. Shojafar, J. H. Abawajy, A. Abraham. An Efficient Meta-heuristic Algorithm for Grid Computing, Springer, Journal of Combinatorial Optimization (JOCO), Vol. 30, pp. 413-434, October 2015. (IF = 0.990)
CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP PAPERS
- M. Shojafar, R. Taheri, Z. Pooranian, R. Javidan, A. Miri, Y. Jararweh. Automatic Clustering of Attacks in Intrusion Detection Systems, The 16th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA 2019), Abu Dhabi, UAE, pp.1-8, 3-7 November 2019.
- Z. Pooranian, K-Ch. Chen, Ch-Mu. Yu, M. Conti. RARE: Defeating Side Channels based on Data-Deduplication in Cloud Storage, The 7th International workshop on Cloud Computing Systems, Networks, and Applications (IEEE INFOCOM 2018 workshop: CCSNA 2018), Honolulu, USA, pp.444-449, 16-19 April 2018.
- Z. Pooranian, M. Shojafar, P.G. Vineuza, L. Chiaraviglio, M. Conti. A Novel Distributed Fog-based Networked Architecture to Preserve Energy in Fog Data Centers, The 14th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Systems (IEEE MASS 2017), Orlando, FL, USA, pp. 605-609, 22-25, October 2017.
- Z. Pooranian, N Nikmehr, S Najafi-Ravadanegh, H Mahdin, J Abawajy. Economical and Environmental Operation of Smart Networked Microgrids Under Uncertainties Using NSGA-II, The 24th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (IEEE SOFTCOM), Split, Croatia, pp. 1-6, 22-24 September 2016.