Who we are
The Security Services Department provides an effective integrated, high-profile security presence delivering a professional and responsible service.
Security cover is provided by four security teams working shifts. Each team has its own portfolio of specific responsibility. All security officers are trained in first aid to health and safety at work standards.
The teams are trained to provide an immediate response to all reported incidents, working closely with internal departments and external agencies when required.
Administration Team operates from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday dealing with general day-to-day enquiries regarding Security and Parking matters, assisting with the administration of Found and Lost Property. Outside of these hours assistance may be obtained from the Security Control Room.
- We are an in-house security team who work 24 hours a day
- We are first response to incidents on site, particularly after 5pm
- We are there to help, with a focus on care in our pastoral role
- Surrey has been ranked the safest university in the UK in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018.
Security Services Managers
- Mark Chatterton, Head of Security
- Steve Juliff, Deputy Head of Security
- Team Leader Alpha Shift – Jon Carver
- Team Leader Bravo Shift – Declan Baker
- Team Leader Charlie Shift – Katie Fletcher
- Team Leader Delta Shift – Karl Hawkins
To contact security management or members of the Security team, call 01483 689114.
Security Administration team
Administration and Finance Manager