We've delved into all things spatial structures with our two-episode podcast and the ‘Movers and Shakers’ interview series and digital magazine.
Our spatial structures podcast was developed in the run-up to the 7th International Conference on Spatial Structures and 61st Annual Symposium of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures (IASS), which will take place at the University of Surrey in 2021.
This two-episode podcast explores the beginnings and the future of spatial structures with some of the world’s leading experts in the field.
Featured on the podcasts are:
- Sigrid Adriaenssens (Associate Professor at Princeton University’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Olivier Baverel (Professor at the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech and co-editor of the International Journal of Spatial Structures)
- Charis Gantes (Professor at the Institute of Steel Structures, National Technical University of Athens and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of IASS)
- Juan Gerardo Oliva Salinas (Architect and Professor at University of Mexico’s Faculty of Architecture)
- Carlos Lázaro (Associate Professor at the Universitat Politècnica de València)
- René Motro (Emeritus Professor at the University of Montpellier)
- Hoshyar Nooshin (Emeritus Professor of Spatial Structures at Surrey)
- Gerry Parke (Emeritus Professor of Structural Engineering at Surrey)
- Chris Williams (Professor at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden).
Movers and Shakers Series
In preparation for the Spatial Structures 2020/21 Conference a Movers and Shakers Series was established which involved a collection of digital magazine articles and video interviews.
The digital magazine celebrates the life, work and achievements of world-leading individuals and organisations in the field of spatial structures. We highlight their outstanding contributions to research and education, as well as in the fields of design, fabrication and construction. Each article chronicles one person’s story, and is based on a written or virtual interview.
These fascinating interviews of experts in the field of spatial structures from all over the world include a series of Q&As along with a section entitled ‘Your space, your structure’, in which our experts present some of their projects and share their inspirations.
Take a look at the full selection of interview videos on our YouTube channel.