Please be advised by applying, you are agreeing that you have already read the conditions of residence in the Residents' Guide (PDF).
Before you can apply
Only staff employed directly by the University are eligible for accommodation.
If you are eligible we need to create a record for you on the accommodation system in order for you to be able to apply for accommodation online. In order to do so, contact us with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your staff number
- Your date of birth
- Your gender (male, female, or prefer not to say)
- Your email address
- Your contact telephone number
If you are applying as a couple or family, please provide the following information for all potential occupants:
- Full name
- Date of birth
Once we have received this information we will create your profile and notify you that you will be able to apply online. You will then need to register online to create your accommodation account and password.
We process all applications based on our allocations policy. Please review the Staff Allocation Policy for full details.
Demand for University staff accommodation always exceeds supply and we regret that we are unable to guarantee availability. Due to limited availability, the University does not provide long term accommodation. You can also search for a housing in the private sector. If you need any advice, the University of Surrey Lettings team can help you.
How to apply
Once you have registered you can apply online for accommodation.
Conditions of residence
These conditions form part of your accommodation agreement with the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the Residents' Guide.
- Staff can have accommodation as long as they remain full time members of staff at the University. If you cease to be a full member of staff at the University, you have to leave the premises upon request.
- You can give four weeks of notice to terminate your accommodation licence agreement.
- Staff are only offered short term accommodation in furnished properties.
- Staff accommodation includes gas, water, electricity and council tax but do not include TV, TV licence, telephone and washing machine. Central washing facilities are available on campus.
- Staff accommodation does not include and cannot be fitted with landlines or satellite dishes/TV aerials.
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or by agreeing a payment plan.
- Pets are not allowed. Guide dogs and hearing dogs are permitted if the University is notified in advance.
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas.
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.