Please be advised by applying, you are agreeing that you have already read the conditions of residence in the Residents' Guide (PDF).
Before you can apply
Please note that due to limited availability, staff accommodation is only available for one academic year and only staff employed directly by the University are eligible for accommodation. Staff are required to have a staff number beginning with '9'.
If you are eligible we need to create a record for you on the accommodation system in order for you to be able to apply for accommodation online, please contact us with the following information about yourself:
- Full name
- Staff number
- Date of birth
- Gender (male, female, or prefer not to say)
- Email address
- Contact telephone number.
If you are applying as a couple or family, please provide the following information for all potential occupants:
- Full name
- Date of birth.
Once we have received this information we will create your profile and notify you that you will be able to apply online. You will then need to register online to create your accommodation account and password.
We process all applications based on our allocations policy. Please review the Staff Allocation Policy (PDF) for full details.
Demand for University staff accommodation always exceeds supply and we regret that we are unable to guarantee availability. Due to limited availability, the University does not provide long term accommodation.
How to apply
Once you have registered you can apply online for accommodation.
When we receive your application, we inform you if there is accommodation that matches your requirements. Should there not be any available, you will be placed on a waiting list.
Conditions of residence
These conditions form part of your accommodation agreement with the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the Residents' Guide (PDF).
- Staff can have accommodation as long as they remain full time members of staff at the University. If you cease to be a full member of staff at the University, you have to leave the premises upon request
- You can give four weeks of notice to terminate your accommodation licence agreement
- Staff are only offered short term accommodation in furnished properties
- Staff accommodation includes gas, water, electricity and council tax but do not include TV, TV licence, telephone and washing machine. Central laundry facilities are available on campus
- Staff accommodation does not include and cannot be fitted with landlines or satellite dishes/TV aerials
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or by agreeing a payment plan
- Pets are not allowed. Guide dogs and hearing dogs are permitted if the University is notified in advance
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.