Please be advised by applying for accommodation, you are agreeing that you have already read the conditions of residence in the Residents' Guide (PDF).
How to apply
Applications for academic year 2017/18
Applications for this academic year (2017/18) are still open. You can apply online but note that availability is limited and we cannot guarantee a room offer.
New students or continuing students for September 2018
New students starting in September 2018, or continuing students wishing to apply to stay for academic year 2018/19 can apply from 19 February 2018 at 10am.
Ensure that you apply for academic year 2018/19 if you are starting in September 2018 and not 2017/18. The deadline to apply for continuing students for 2018/19 is 13 March 2018.
Please note that you can only apply if the University of Surrey is your firm choice, please see the allocation policy page.
For new students: Once you have accepted your offer to study it can take up to 72 hours for your details to be transferred to the accommodation system at which time you can apply.
Applications for next academic year (2018/19) opens on 19 February 2018: apply online
Students currently enrolled and in attendance
You can apply for accommodation at any point of the year. However during term time we are usually at full capacity and room availability is very limited. Since it is unlikely that rooms are available, we strongly suggest that you explore the private sector. Information and advice can be found in the University of Surrey Lettings website.
Conditions of residence
These conditions form part of your accommodation agreement with the University and tell you what is expected of residents. Full details of the conditions can be found in the Residents' Guide (PDF).
In particular your attention is drawn to the following conditions:
- Students living in University owned accommodation are licensees. Your license is granted because of your intention to follow a course of study at the University. If you cease to follow a course of study at the University you will be required to leave residence.
- Your license is for a fixed period and there are financial penalties if you decide to leave residence early before the end of the period.
- You are required to conduct yourself in a responsible and safe manner and not to disturb other residents.
- You may not sub-let your room or let anyone else live there.
- You must pay rent by the due date either in full or agreeing a payment plan.
- All residences are non-smoking including bedrooms and all common areas.
After you have applied
- You can log in and check your room preferences at any time.
- It is advisable to log back in and check once to be sure that all your preferences have been saved. If you have successfully entered room preferences on the application system you will receive an email within five hours confirming the choices you have made. Please note that you are unable to change your preference online, if you decide that you want to change your preferences please email us at email@example.com and we can change them for you (please note that if you request changes you will not be able to see them)
- If you do not get this email, please log back in and check that your preferences appear. If they do not, please re-enter them and make sure you click the ‘Continue’ button on each page.
- You will receive an email detailing your room offer if you have been successful in your application
- Once you receive a room offer you will need to make the pre-payment of £250 and accept on-line to secure your booking.