Careers fairs and workshops
Whilst you're at Surrey, we support you as you begin to make plans for your career. Throughout the year we run a varied programme of careers-related events, including careers fairs and employer-led workshops.
In October we host our largest careers fair, the Autumn Placements and Careers Fair, this attracts over 125 employers, and is designed to attract a wide range of employers offering graduate roles and placements.
Throughout the year we also host smaller fairs such as the Graduate Job Fair in May, as part of our Finalist Week provision, a Law Fair, a Nursing Fair, a Part-Time Work and Internship Fair.
Fairs create an informal, friendly space for you to kick-start your career journey, explore options, network and ask questions to representatives of companies with an active interest in Surrey graduates. It provides an excellent chance to practice networking skills and broaden career horizons, whatever your degree and current career thoughts.
Our events cover key employability skills such as:
- Interview techniques
- Video interviews
- Assessment centre workshops
- CV writing
- Using social media apps such as LinkedIn to find graduate roles
- Digital skills - coding for non-coders
Finalist Week is a targeted and focused opportunity for our final year and masters students to have some tailored support, meet with employers and attend sessions to support you before graduation.
The week’s previous sessions have included:
- Preparing for careers fairs
- Graduate Job Careers Fair
- Managing stress and your wellbeing during your job search
- Alumni speed networking event
- Interview skills and Identifying your strengths
- How to prepare and succeed at assessment centres and interviews.
International Student Employability week
The week features a suite of sessions and events specifically designed to support our international student cohort. Delivered via our Employability and Careers team and employer led events. The week’s previous sessions have included:
- Working in the UK following your studies
- Finding a placement as an international student
- Cultural diversity in the workplace
- Alumni International student employability employer panel.