9:30am - 3:30pm
Monday 18 January - Thursday 21 January 2021
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Festival of Research
The festival will be hosted remotely, and will include an exciting mix of topical panel discussions and presentations, plus the annual Postgraduate Research Poster Competition.
This event has passed
How to register
Follow the registration links in the schedule below to register for each session. We have 300 places available for each session, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
If you find you are no longer able to attend once you have registered, we would appreciate you letting us know (email@example.com) so that your place can be offered to someone else.
Monday 18 January
Professor Graham Miller, Pro-Vice-Chancellor and Executive Dean, FASS and Professor Sabine Braun, Associate Dean (Research and Innovation), FASS.
With music from Dr Milton Mermikides.
Register for the welcome talk and panel 1 (details below)
Chair: Prof Monique Raats (Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (FHMS))
- Prof Rosalind Malcolm (School of Law)
- Dr Theofanis Exadaktylos (Department of Politics)
- Dr Elena Davitti (School of Literature and Languages (SLL))
- Dr Itziar Castello Molina (Surrey Business School (SBS)).
Tuesday 19 January
Chair: Prof Deborah Dunn Walters (FHMS)
- Dr Tracy Xu and Prof Caroline Scarles (School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (SHTM))
- Prof Gavin Hilson (Surrey Business School (SBS))
- Dr Enzo De Sena and Dr Milton Mermikides (Department of Music and Media (DMM))
- Prof Allan Williams (School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (SHTM))
- Dr Jo Blanden (School of Economics).
Wednesday 20 January
Chaired by Dr Allan Kilner-Johnson (School of Literature and Languages (SLL) and Associate Dean (Doctoral College), FASS)
Chaired by Dr Tamsin Woodward-Smith (Impact Acceleration Account Manager).
The ESRC funded Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) team will showcase some of the impressive and impactful work being carried out at the University, within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Anyone interested in applying for IAA funds for their work will be able to chat informally with Dr Tamsin Woodward-Smith who manages the account.
Thursday 21 January
Chair: Dr Ranjana Das (Department of Sociology)
- Dr Anesa Hosein (Institute of Higher Education)
- Prof Debbie Cooke (Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences)
- Dr Doris Dippold (School of Literature and Languages (SLL)).
Prof Glenn Parry (Surrey Business School (SBS))
Register for the keynote speech and closing remarks (details below)
Professor David Sampson, Vice-Provost (Research and Innovation) and Professor Graham Miller to announce the winners of the postgraduate researcher poster competition.