GREAT Scholarship 2022 entry
In partnership with the GREAT Britain campaign from the British Council we are delighted to announce postgraduate scholarships for students from China, Nigeria and Brunei.
About the GREAT Scholarship 2022 entry
The GREAT Scholarship is open to students from China, Nigeria and Brunei and is awarded as a £10,000 fee waiver to the successful candidate.
Eligibility criteria for the GREAT Scholarship 2022 entry
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of China, Nigeria or Brunei
- Hold an offer from the University of Surrey for a full-time, postgraduate taught programme starting in October 2022.
- Be self-funded.
|Applicants from China|
All postgraduate taught courses
|Applicants from Nigeria||All postgraduate taught courses|
|Applicants from Brunei|
English language requirements
Please see our course pages for English language and other requirements.
How to apply for the GREAT Scholarship 2022 entry
Applicants for the GREAT Scholarship must have first made an application and received an offer (conditional or unconditional) for a postgraduate taught programme at the University of Surrey and have an application ID number (URN). Applicants must complete the scholarship application form.
Terms and conditions
- Be a citizen of a GREAT target country
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
- Be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course
- Be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- We willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- Be willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education
- Be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the GREAT scholarships, by sharing experiences of studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars
- As an alumnus of the GREAT scholarships, willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
For all enquiries regarding this scholarship, please contact our International Student Recruitment Office.