Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2019 entry
Open only to overseas fee paying students, a £2,500 entry scholarship in the form of a tuition fee waiver in year 1.
About the Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2019 entry
This prestigious Surrey award for overseas fee paying undergraduates is aimed at high achievers and recognises academic excellence in your high school or equivalent leaving exams.
£2,500 entry scholarship in the form of a tuition fee waiver in year 1.
Eligibility criteria for the Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2019 entry
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must:
- Be an overseas fee paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
- Have studied and achieved grades of AAB at A-level (excluding Critical Thinking or General Studies), or an equivalent approved qualification
- Be an offer holder for a 2019/20, full-time undergraduate course in any subject at the University of Surrey
- Meet all the conditions of your offer and select Surrey as your firm choice by 20 July 2019
- You must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/sponsorship.
Equivalent qualification grade requirements
- A-level: AAB
- IB: 34
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) with 554 in three subjects, excluding Chinese Language and Liberal Studies.
- Associate Degree, Higher Certificate or Higher Diploma with 3.0 overall.
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with A-, A-, B+.
- Matrikulasi (Matriculation Certificate) with CGPA 3.50.
- Diploma with CGPA 3.10.
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with B3 in five subjects (excluding Chinese and Malay).
- ICSE/CBSE/ISC exam boards: Standard XII with 80% overall.
- West Bengal exam board: 70% overall
- State board 85%
- Advanced Placement (AP): 554
- SAT: 1320 in SAT Reasoning and 700 in three SAT Subject Tests (each).
- AP/SAT: 700 in two SAT Subject Tests (each) and 54 in two AP subjects.
- ACT: 29
- Associate Degree: GPA 3.3
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with 75% in six courses.
- Grade 12 Senior Secondary Graduation Diploma (British Columbia) with B in five courses.
- All other Provinces 75% in 5 grade 12 courses.
- Lise Diplomasi with 75% in the final year.
- Senior Certificate (with matriculation endorsement) with AABBB (77666).
International Foundation Year
- International Foundation Year students may also be eligible for the Surrey Prestige Scholarship. The grade required will depend on the individual programme. To find out the grades needed from your foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for the Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2019 entry
The University will identify eligible students based on nationality so there is no application form. Students holding dual nationality are still eligible, if you have not been written to about this award please provide us with a scan of the appropriate passport to register your interest in the scheme.
All eligible offer holders that comply with the above mentioned criteria will receive a notification of the award in September 2019.