The award will be for a period of three years and include home tuition fees, plus a stipend (approx £14,296 p.a).
Funding source5G Innovation Centre, University of Surrey
The 5G Innovation Centre, which forms part of the Institute for Communications Systems (ICS), is the world’s first dedicated to the next generation of mobile communication systems and an international hub for telecommunication research and innovation.
The Centre collaborates with key ICT service providers, network and device manufacturers and test equipment solution providers to develop innovative solutions and standards for 5G networks.
We are recruiting PhD students with the drive and vision to be a part of this exciting new venture. The students are expected to develop innovative and collaborative research that is world leading and addresses the challenges associated with 5G wireless communications networks.
Related links5G Innovation Centre
- Have a first or upper-second class bachelors degree
- Have a masters degree at distinction level (or equivalent experience/qualifications) in an appropriate discipline
- Have a relevant connection with the UK (usually established by residence).
Candidates should also have an aptitude and suitable background for conducting research in the field of future wireless communications systems in areas related to advanced radio access techniques, new network architecture, interference and spectrum management techniques for future wireless communication systems.
How to apply
Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vitae
- An outline research proposal
- Contact details of two academic referees
- Copies of academic transcripts and qualification certificates.
Please send your application to Ms Sandra Berner, using 'Industrial CASE' and your full name in the subject line.