A new approach to older people’s end of life care
- Clegg A, Young J, Iliffe S, Rikkert MO, Rockwood K. Frailty in elderly people. The Lancet. 2013;381(9868):752-762
- Clegg A, Bates C, Young J, Ryan R, Nichols L, Ann Teale E, et al. Development and validation of an electronic frailty index using routine primary care electronic health record data. Age and ageing. 2016;45(3):353-60
- Nicholson, C, Evans, S Combes, S Palliative care, Frailty, and Older People https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-3-319-77740-5_66
- Combes S, Nicholson CJ, Gillett K, Norton C. Implementing advance care planning with community-dwelling frail elders requires a system-wide approach: an integrative review applying a behaviour change model. Palliative medicine. 2019;33(7):743-756.
- Petrova M, Wong G, Kuhn I, et al Timely community palliative and end-of-life care: a realist synthesis BMJ Supportive & Palliative are Published Online First: 09 December 2021. doi: 10.1136/bmjspcare-2021-003066
- Hall A, Boulton E, Kunonga P, et al. Identifying older adults with frailty approaching end-of-life: A systematic review. Palliative Medicine. 2021;35(10):1832-1843. doi:10.1177/02692163211045917
- White N, Reid F, Harris A, Harries P, Stone P. A Systematic Review of Predictions of Survival in Palliative Care: How Accurate Are Clinicians and Who Are the Experts? PLoS One. 2016 Aug 25;11(8):e0161407. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0161407. PMID: 27560380; PMCID: PMC4999179.