Sustainable Functional Materials (SFM) 2018
Date and time: Tuesday 22 and Wednesday 23 May 2018
Venue: Grand Pier, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS23 1AL, UK.
SFM2018 conference theme
Following on from the success of the inaugural SFM conference held in April 2016 in Scarborough, the second edition of the biennial Sustainable Functional Materials conference will continue to focus on the issues around maintaining an environmentally friendly, sustainable and economically viable functional materials and device industry.
Topics will include:
- energy harvesting
- functional properties and characterisation
- sustainability and risk
- scale-up of processing and manufacturing techniques.
SFM2018 is co-chaired by Robert Dorey at the University of Surrey and Ian Reaney at the University of Sheffield. The conference will be of interest both to industrialists and to academic researchers aiming to gain an understanding of the materials substitution and sustainability issues likely to become critical over the next decade for the functional materials and devices industry.
Key dates and contacts
- Abstract submission closes: 20 April 2018
- Abstract acceptance notified: 27 April 2018
- Registration closes: 14 May 2018.
Abstract submission: email@example.com.
For further details about SFM2018 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome contributed oral and poster presentations on the topics outlined above within the theme of the conference.
The outline programme for SFM2018 will be updated as speakers are confirmed.
- Andrew Bloodworth, British Geological Survey
- Rebecca Boston, University of Sheffield
- Steve Dunn, Deregallera Ltd
- Jon-Paul Maria, North Carolina State University
- Bala Vaidhyanathan, Loughborough University
- Allan Walton, University of Birmingham.
- Professor Robert Dorey, Department of Mechanical Engineering Sciences
- University of Surrey, and Professor Ian M. Reaney, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Sheffield.
A dedicated poster session will be held during the welcome reception and during session breaks. Posters should be printed in portrait format, maximum A1 size.
Exhibitors and sponsors
For further details about exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at SFM2018, please contact Lynn Boniface at email@example.com.
Registration is £140 for academics and £100 for students. This includes welcome reception, lunches and coffee breaks. (Note that accommodation is not included in the registration but is available at a wide range of hotels close to the venue.
To register, please visit the University of Surrey online store.