5 reasons to study a masters in International Financial Management at Surrey
We're proud to be ranked in the top 10 for business and economics in the UK and 61st in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022. As a student of International Financial Management you’ll be based in the Surrey Business School and be part of a vibrant community focussed on improving business practice and creating a sustainable and positive change.
1. Practical orientation: we are a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute's University Affiliation Program, which means that our modules incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). You may wish to apply to the CFA for one of their scholarships, which would entitle you to reduced CFA exam fees. You could also learn the tools of the trade in Bloomberg and acquire the financial insight skills to function independently at a professional level.
2. Stand out from the crowd: a masters degree can give you a differentiating specialist focus for a new career path. On completion of this programme, you will develop relevant skills and a theoretical understanding of the contemporary debates in:
- international financial markets
- empirical modelling techniques in the areas of finance and accounting
- how to synthesise and present relevant data, conclusions, and recommendations.
3. Loving learning: our MSc International Financial Management programme builds on our established research strengths in finance and accounting. It is delivered by a mix of highly experienced and prominent academics, who can help develop your skills as an independent researcher.
4. Better growth potential: worldwide development in the financial services sector has increased the demand for professionals with specialist skills and competencies in financial management. This programme is responsive to this trend in global financial services industries. You may need more time and help to figure out your next steps – Surrey has been awarded the prestigious accolade of University of the Year for Graduate Employment in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2022.
5. Give yourself an international edge: you will study as part of a highly diverse and international study body, with various options to include a study abroad (outside UK) experience as part of your degree.