I have held a number of roles within the Faculty as a Senior Teaching Fellow, including Director of Studies for the Diploma in Higher Education in Operating Department Practice for six years and Head of Student Support for three years. Currently I am the Director of Studies for Education for Healthcare Professionals, which has a number of awards; Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Post Graduate Diploma in Education and Masters in Education pathway.
I am currently an External Examiner for Oxford Brookes University for ODP programmes that also run in the UK and in Gibraltar.
I am also a panel member for the HCPC tribunal services; fitness to practise member.
University roles and responsibilities
- Personal Tutor
- Programme Leader for MA Education for Health Professionals
- Programme Leader for PGCert Education for Health Professionals
- Programme Leader for PGDip Education for Health Professionals
Previous research: an inquiry into whether national policy influences the professional choices made by Student Operating Department Practitioners on qualification.
I am the Module Leader for a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate modules including:
Undergraduate Professional Preparation Programme
- Research for Professional Practice - 30 credits at Level 7 this is a large (+350 students) inter-professional module.
Continuing Professional Development
- PG Cert in Education; Art of Learning and Teaching at Level 7, Supporting Education in Practice at Level 7, and Framing through the Curriculum at Level 7.
- PG Diploma in Education
- MA in Education
- Surgical First Assistant at Level 6
Courses I teach on
Conway, N., Ong, P., White, N., & Rich, C. (2019) Clinical Pocket Reference - Operating Department Practice, (3rd edn). Pennant Publishing, Oxford.
2015 – Contributor for Health Education England – producing National Safety Standards for Invasive Procedures (NatSSIPs)