Academic and student regulations
Find the University's academic and student regulations by year of study.
- Academic regulations: In relation to programmes of study, students follow the academic regulations that were in place at the time of the commencement of their programme unless there are amendments that would be of advantage to students and/or Senate has specifically agreed that amendments should be introduced for all students, in which cases amendments are applied to all students, regardless of year of entry.
- Student regulations: The student regulations are updated every year and therefore there is only ever one set in use; the 2021/22 regulations replace all previous versions.
Any queries, please email email@example.com in the first instance.
Academic regulations 2021/22
These regulations come into force at the start of the 2021/22 academic year (20 September 2021). View a list of amendments (PDF) that have been made to the regulations for 2021/22.
- A0: Regulations for the foundation year (PDF)
- A1: Regulations for taught programmes (PDF)
CertHE, DipHE, Foundation degree, Bachelor’s, integrated Master’s, PGCE, PGCert, PGDip, Master’s
- A2: Regulations for research degrees (PDF)
Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Doctor of Clinical Practice (DClinPrac), Doctor of Engineering (EngD), Doctor of Psychology (PsychD), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by Prior Publication
- A3: Regulations for higher doctorates (PDF)
- A4: Regulations for academic dress (PDF).
Student regulations 2021/22
Read our student regulations privacy notice.
- B1: Regulations for extenuating circumstances (PDF)
- B2: Regulations for academic integrity (PDF)
- B2.1 Regulations for academic integrity – appeals (PDF)
- B3: Student disciplinary regulations (PDF)
- B4: Regulations for academic appeals (PDF)
- B5: Regulations for support to study (PDF)
- B6: Regulations for fitness to practise (PDF).