To be eligible, applicants must hold an offer to study a full-time MSc programme offered within the following departments in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the University of Surrey:
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environment and Sustainability
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences
Full eligibility criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be an offer holder for a full-time programme in one of the above departments.
- Achieve either a 2:1 or a 1st class honours degree or equivalent (see further equivalency information)
- Apply for their chosen programme within the permitted timeframe and confirm their wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline
- Be an overseas fee paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
- Be self-funded (you must be paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship, whether that be an external scholarship or any other university-funded scholarship)
- Meet all the conditions of your offer
- Students enrolling in programmes with a February 2019 start date will be considered for the 2018 Scholarship amount as they are starting in the 2018/19 academic year and paying 2018/19 tuition fees.
How to apply
There is no formal application for this scholarship. All eligible offer holders that comply with the above mentioned criteria will be considered, and all qualifying offer holders will be notified by email.
The award will be paid in the form of a tuition fee discount. For programmes of more than one year (i.e MSc Electronic Engineering (Euromasters FT), the award is payable for the first year of study only.
Final decisions on the eligibility of applicants and allocation of scholarships will be made by the University of Surrey’s International Student Recruitment Office.