When you are choosing a university, the range, quality, location and cost of accommodation on offer will be important factors in making your final decision.
We have more than 6,000 rooms of various types to suit all budgets and requirements.
What you can expect
- All our courts, as we call the halls of residence at Surrey, are self-catering with shared kitchen facilities, except for the studio flats (Band F) at Manor Park
- All rooms have broadband service and personal belongings insurance included in the rent
- All rooms are fully furnished with a bed, desk and chair, reading lamp, bookshelf and storage for clothes
- Cleaning of communal areas, at least weekly
- All kitchens are equipped with cooker, oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, iron and ironing board
- Most flats are mixed gender but we do have single-sex flats in most courts
- All communal areas and bedrooms are non-smoking
Rooms are banded from A to F according to price and amenities, we also have family flats and single rooms for staff members. The links below will give you more information on each band and help you decide your preferences when applying.
If you have a medical condition or financial situation which means you have a need for specific accommodation arrangements, please read the information on Specific Accommodation Requirements.
We have a number of rooms that are accessible or have been adapted to meet specific requirements. If you would like details of what support or adaptations are available, please contact the Disability and Neurodiversity Service to discuss your needs.
Surrey works with AccessAble to provide detailed accessibility information about all of the University’s campuses, buildings and facilities. All our accommodation access guides are available on the AccessAble website.