Transforming Services for Quality
Due to run in 2021/22
Attendance dates:To be confirmed
Distance learning / Kate Granger Building, 30 Priestley Road, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7YH University of Surrey
Some modules may be taught at: Stag Hill campus, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH
- Module code
This module aims to:
- Examine the current health and social care agenda
- Support you to explore innovative new ways of working and how these could potentially improve the quality of care received by patients, clients, carers and the public
- You will be enabled to reflect upon and justify the need for effective change management and implementation.
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the current healthcare agenda and its impact on health and social care provision
- Explore current innovative practice in health and social care delivery, relating to a specific area of practice
- Critically assess the role of change in the process of innovation
- Examine opportunities to overcome resistance and barriers to change.
Indicative module content includes:
- Exploring the challenges for modern healthcare provision
- Identifying opportunities to improve quality
- The concept of quality from differing perspectives
- Innovation and service redesign in practice
- Analysis of barriers to change
- Negotiating, influencing and managing change.
Learning and teaching methods
For the 2020/21 curriculum our CPD modules will be delivered using hybrid learning. This means that depending on the subject and content of learning and teaching, modules may be delivered solely online or via a combination of face to face and online delivery, however for all programmes face to face contact time will be reduced, as per Government guidelines and to ensure the reduction of risk for all. Further information can be sought from the course leader (see below).
Usual learning and teaching methods include:
- Lectures (including e-lectures)
- Guided study
A proposal exploring the opportunities and challenges involved in transforming services for quality, within a specific area of healthcare.
Word count: 2,000
Take a look at the module reading list.
- Ability to study at level 6
- Professional registration as a healthcare professional:
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Working in health and social care.
Fees and funding
Fees for 2021/22 are to be confirmed
How to apply
Please download and fill in an application form.
It is important to ensure that you complete all sections and answer all questions, incomplete forms will cause a delay and may result in you missing out on an available place.
Send your completed application back to us at the address or email included on the form.
Terms and conditions
When you accept an offer of a place at the University of Surrey, you are agreeing to comply with our policies and regulations and our terms and conditions. You are also confirming you have read and understood the University's prospective student privacy notice.
If your sponsoring healthcare provider is funding you for this module, by submitting an application you agree to allow all information regarding your module (for example your exam results) to be shared with the sponsoring provider.
If you withdraw less than seven days before the module commences or do not attend on the first day (without informing the module administrator) the full cost of the module will be charged. Withdrawals after the module commences will also be charged.
Places are confirmed approximately one month before the module start date. Please note that modules may be subject to teaching availability, student demand and/or class size caps.
Modules listed are indicative, reflecting the information available at the time of publication. The University of Surrey has used its reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of publishing, but changes (for example to module content) may occur given the interval between publishing and commencement of the module. It is therefore very important to check this website for any updates before you apply for a module with us. Read more.