The Tailby Society
We are delighted to announce the launch of the Tailby Society.
The first committee meeting of the Tailby Society took place on 17 Jan 2017, and it was there that the Tailby model was born. Since then, the committee have concentrated on making contact with our graduates.
- Our graduates have been helping us prepare marketing material for the department by sharing their career experiences
- Our graduates have been helping current students who have approached us asking for career advice
- We have hosted various visits to the Department including a tour of our new laboratory facilities for some of the supervisors of our professional training year students
- We had a stand at the University’s Festival of Wonder where we had the opportunity to meet many of our graduates
- We have now recruited several of our graduates to provide input to taught undergraduate modules based on their industry experience.
- Our Department invited all its graduates to attend their Research Day on Thursday 14 September 2017. PhD students from the Department gave presentations and posters sharing their exciting research experience. This was an excellent opportunity to see the research work being carried out by the Department and talk to the students and their supervisors
- The next SUCkERS dinner happened in Autumn 2017
- The Tailby Society held its inaugural annual lecture in Autumn 2017
- The Tailby Society proposed to start a mentoring programme for its graduates but this is now on hold until the University launches its mentoring scheme in the 2017/2018 academic year.