Top jobs with an accounting and finance degree
Find out what you could do with a degree in accounting and finance and discover some of the jobs Surrey accounting and finance graduates have secured over the past few years.
The demand for qualified accounting and finance professionals continues to grow internationally. This programme offers you a route into the financial professions, as well as fostering skills that are vital to a range of careers in business.
This blend of specific accounting and finance modules with a wider understanding of business gives you both a strong theoretical foundation in the subject and an appreciation of how accounting and finance are applied in real-world business situations.
Our Accounting and Finance programme is designed to match the requirements of the UK accounting bodies, which means that, on completion of your studies, you will already have taken significant strides towards becoming a qualified accountant.
"I would definitely recommend doing a Professional Training placement because it really enhances your knowledge of your chosen field as well as allowing you to see the practical applications of what you learn at university." Hannah Biddle, BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
Careers with an accounting and finance degree
Surrey Business School has a proven track record of graduate employment and this programme has been especially designed to help ensure excellent employment opportunities in all sectors.
Upon graduation, if you choose to join one of the professional accounting bodies that have accredited the programme, you will receive exemptions from several professional examinations, giving you a head start in achieving a professional qualification.
Accounting and finance graduate jobs
Most of our graduates proceed directly to employment in an accounting and finance profession.
In recent years, our graduates have secured roles including:
- Equities intern, Alpha Bank (2015 graduate)
- Auditor, Menzies LLP (2015 graduate)
- Business Development Manager, Pembury Estates and Lettings (2015 graduate)
- Analyst, Goldman Sachs (2015 graduate)
- Risk Graduate, Lloyds Banking Group (2015 graduate)
"The fact that the Accounting and Finance programme was offering many exemptions for professional qualifications like ACCA really made it a no-brainer, Surrey was the place for me." Nicodemos Stylianides, BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- Finance Assistant, Kensington and Chelsea Maintenance and Finance Assistant Leasehold (2014 graduate)
- Regional Assistant, Engineering Development Trust (2014 graduate)
- Finance Analyst, Amazon UK (2014 graduate)
- European Finance Analyst, Armstrong World Industries (2014 graduate)
- Finance & Risk Consultant, IBM UK Ltd (2014 graduate)