Top jobs with an English and creative writing degree
Find out what you could do with a degree in English and creative writing and discover some of the jobs Surrey English and creative writing graduates have secured over the past few years.
We aim to help you express yourself clearly and effectively and memorably, to provide you with experience developing engaging stories or poems or critical arguments, and to sharpen your analytic skills when it comes engaging with the writing of others - Dr Paul Vlitos, Programme Leader for English Literature and Creative Writing
Should you wish to pursue further study, our programmes will provide you with essential knowledge and skills, as well as offering informed support and guidance to assist you in your studies.
Careers with an English and creative writing degree
A degree in English Literature with creative writing equips you with a wide range of transferable skills that will prepare you for many rewarding careers.
Typical job prospects include journalism, marketing, communications, publishing, the media industries, education, creative writing and arts administration.
English and creative writing graduate jobs
In recent years, our English graduates have secured roles including:
- Teacher of English, Guildford College (2015 graduate)
- Document Design Specialist and Proof Reader, QA Ltd (2015 graduate)
- Editorial Assistant, Hachette UK (2015 graduate)
- English Language Assistant, Academie de Bordeaux (2015 graduate)
My Professional Training placement improved my time management and communication skills, and has made me more proactive in my studies. I’d like to go into PR after I graduate, and my placement has motivated me to achieve that goal through gaining experience at a PR company during my final year - Hannah Roberts-Owen, English Literature
- Freelance Production Runner, Pinewood Studios (2015 graduate)
- Assistant Archives Officer, Parliamentary Archives, House of Lords (2014 graduate)
- Language Assistant, British Council (2014 graduate)
- Research Executive, Channel 4 (2014 graduate)
- TV and Radio Desk Intern, Telegraph Media Group (2014 graduate)
- Marketing Intern, The London Philharmonic Orchestra (2014 graduate)