Surrey Business School: Management and Business PhD Studentships 2021
Surrey Business School - Management and Business PhD Studentships for January 2022 entry.
Start date1 January 2022
Duration3 years full-time (pro rata part-time)
Funding sourceUniversity of Surrey (FASS studentships)
The funding package is for 3 years full-time (pro rata part-time) and is:
- Full tuition fee waiver for UK and International students
- Stipend at standard UKRI rates per annum
- Research Training Support Grant of £750 per annum. To be used during the funded period.
Studentships are available for full-time and part-time study on the Management and Business PhD at Surrey Business School. The studentships are available for January 2022 entry only.
Our PhD in Management and Business will train you in critical and analytical skills, research methods, and in discipline-specific knowledge that will give you the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for a career in academia, or as a researcher in a wide variety of settings. You could also benefit from our choice of writing a traditional dissertation monograph or by following a PhD by publication format, so your work suits your interests. The programme will give you the intellectual foundation to ask cutting-edge questions and then conduct high-quality research to address those questions.
Surrey Business School is internationally recognised for interdisciplinary, international and applied research. Our researchers work closely with industry and pursue a variety of approaches with staff across the School, often leading to innovative new thinking. Two-thirds of our research outputs were ranked as either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the UK Government’s 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Related linksManagement and Business PhD
This studentship is for UK and international students.
Applicants to the Management Business PhD are expected to hold a good first degree (minimum 2:1) and a Master's degree (minimum Merit) in a relevant subject from an internationally recognised university.
IELTS requirements: If English is not your first language, you will be required to have an IELTS Academic of 6.5 or above (or equivalent), with no sub-test score below 6.
How to apply
Applicants need to make two separate applications:
- An online application for a place on the programme submitted via the Management and Business PhD programme webpage using the "Apply" tab. Please clearly state the studentship title and supervisor on your application.
- A Funding Application form (docx) submission. Please see guidance notes (PDF) for further details on this. The deadline for receipt of both applications is Thursday 28 October 2021 at 23:59 GMT. Late applications will not be accepted.