Living in Godalming
The historic market town of Godalming is situated in the Waverley Borough and is located just five miles south of Guildford. The bustling town is becoming ever-popular with students and researchers alike due to the easy access to Guildford and London, alongside the vibrant atmosphere within the town.
The town is surrounded by natural beauty, with plenty on offer to see and do. Whether you make the most of the outdoor activities, relax in the afternoon sun in a traditional pub or visit the monthly farmers' market that offers local and carefully sourced produce and goods.
You could also consider:
- The nearby Winkworth Arboretum which is home to a unique collection of many rare trees
- A romantic meal at a former 19th-century church, Bel & The Dragon
- Hiring a narrow boat for the day and navigating the River Wey from Farncombe Boat House
- A walk in the countryside, followed by a Sunday roast at The Stag On The River
- Catching a game at the local Godalming Town Football Club
- Enjoying a glass of wine with an authentic Italian meal at Piazza Firenze
- Watching some of the finest community theatre in Surrey at the Godalming Theatre Group
- Learning about the local history at the Godalming Museum
A very desirable area for students, young professionals and families alike. Godalming will appeal to anyone who enjoys quiet living with access to green spaces and character properties. Read more about living in Surrey and what makes this such a unique county with lots to offer.
Average rental prices per calendar month (PCM):
|One bedroom||Two bedrooms||Three bedrooms||Four bedrooms|
The excellent transport links to and from Guildford include:
- Trains depart twice hourly to and from Guildford with a journey time between five and eight minutes.
- A direct train link connects Godalming to London Waterloo in approximately 50 minutes.
Visit the South West Trains website for more information.
Buses run every 15 minutes with an estimated journey time of 13 minutes. View a map of bus routes.
Cycling the five-mile route can take between 30–45 minutes. View the route on the RouteYou website.
Local letting agencies
|Gascoigne Pees||01483 789453||85 High St, Godalming GU7 1AW|
|Seymours||01483 420555||13–15 Wharf St, Godalming GU7 1NN|
|Burns & Webber||01483 427101||27 High St, Godalming GU7 1AU|
|Leaders||01483 424040||86 High St, Godalming GU7 1DU|
|Mann||01483 905300||41 High Street, Godalming GU7 1AU|
|Masella Coupe||01483 414104||17 High St, Godalming GU7 1AZ|
|Surrey & Hants||01483 527171||132 High St, Godalming GU7 1AB|
|Hamptons||01483 905247||Baverstock House, 93 High Street, Godalming GU7 1A|