Prof Carol Lane
Clinician scientist specializing in translational medical research with an emphasis on engineering and physical sciences such as positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. Utilizing advanced techniques to study biological markers associated with illness. University, Industry and hospital based research to develop treatments and diagnostics across multiple disease states. Management of research, development and operations linking universities with external partners. Teaching neuroimging to medical registrars and research methods to medical and post graduate students.
University roles and responsibilities
- Mapping research and operational activities between the faculties of engineering and physical sciences and the faculty of health and medical sciences
- Working with other clinician scientists to deliver patient centric diagnostic and therapeutic research
- Facilitating research between the Royal Surrey County Hospital and the University of Surrey
- Working with NIHR, MRC, EPSRC and industrial partners in preclinical and clinical medical research integrating engineering and physical sciences
- Mapping ongoing preclinical and engineering research at the University of Surrey that translates through to NHS patient bedsides.
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Pharmaceutical and medical device development
Neuroimaging in psychiatry (Medical registrars in neurology and psychiatry)
Neuroimaging in childhood psychiatric disorders (Medical registrars in neurology and psychiatry)
Faculty of Medicine University of British Columbia , Vancouver Canada
The Pharmacological And Physical Therapies Of Parkinson’s Disease And Depression: ACochrane Review. In Process CJ Lane, A Sephry, Ah Young
Anticonvulsant Treatments Of Dysphoric Mania: A Trial Of Gabapentin, Lamotrigine And Carbamazepine In Iran. Neuropsychiatric Disease & Treatment.2008 Feb;4(1):227-34.Mokhber N, Lane Cj, Azarpazhooh Mr, Salari E, Fayazi R, Shakeri Mt, Young Ah
Adequacy Of Venlafaxine Dose Prescribing In Major Depression And Hospital Resources Implications. Journal Of Psychopharmacology.2008 Jun;22(4): 434-40. Vanoli A, Lane CJ, Harrison C, Steen Ni, Young Ah.
FDA and EMEA submissions and approvals including orphan, compassionate care and off label use of psychiatric, neurological, cardiac and gout compounds.