Match Funded Studentships
Open for applications until 23:59 on 1st July 2019, or until the money is spent (whichever comes first). This competition will be run on a first come first serve basis with applications being assessed and awarded ad-hoc.
The conditions for Fast Track, match funding applications are as follows:
- Project must be at least 50% match funded: £9,630 p.a. 50% of £4,260 (fee) + 50% of £15,000 (stipend) = £9,630
- PGR applicant must have UK/EU funding status and must meet the entry requirements
- Oct 2019 start date.
Applications may be submitted for a project that is match funded by an external collaborator, with view to recruiting the student once the project has been approved, similar to the previous project-led approach. Should the project be approved by the panel, the supervisory team will then be allowed to advertise the project and recruit a candidate. Please note that a candidate will need to be recruited and approved by the Doctoral College ahead of the deadline (23:59 on 6th September 2019). Should a high quality candidate not be found then the allocated funding will be withdrawn.
The Fast Track, match funding application form is in two parts: the project (Part One) and student details (Part Two). Copies of the application forms can be requested from PhDstudentships@surrey.ac.uk
- For Project-Led applications only ‘Part One’ of the form needs to be completed and submitted to the panel, with ‘Part Two’ being completed once a suitable candidate has been found
- If the project has a student attached then both forms will need to be completed.
All completed forms should be returned to PhDstudentships@surrey.ac.uk
Due to the competitive nature of the competition we recommend that applications are submitted early.
Find key registration details including deadlines, supervision meetings
All you need to know about the personal skills training, help and support offered to our supervisors.
Quick access for supervisors to, policy documents and process guidance.
- Useful forms
- Quality Enhancement and Standards (QES)
- QAA: Higher Education Review
- Disability advice for doctoral supervisors
- Doctoral College staff