Newtons' Scholarship 2019 entry
The Newtons' Scholarship is now open to receive applications from undergraduate UK/EU students applying to study mathematics in 2019.
About the Newtons' Scholarship 2019 entry
The Newtons' Scholarship provides £3,000 a year for three years (excluding the Professional Training placement). The Newtons' Scholarship aims to encourage and support undergraduate students on the following mathematics courses at the University of Surrey:
- Economics and Mathematics BSc (Hons)
- Financial Mathematics BSc (Hons)
- Mathematics BSc (Hons) / MMath
- Mathematics and Physics BSc (Hons) / MPhys / MMath
- Mathematics with Music BSc (Hons)
- Mathematics with Statistics BSc (Hons) / MMAth.
Students can receive the Newtons' Scholarship in addition to a University Merit Scholarship as well as any other bursary, prize and award for which they are eligible, if successful.
The closing date for applications is 21 July 2019.
Eligibility criteria for the Newtons' Scholarship 2019 entry
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria;
- Achieve AAA at A level, excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking (or equivalent*) and select the University of Surrey as your first choice
- Family income of less than £30,000
*Equivalent grades are as follows:
- AAA at A-Level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or
- 36 points in the International Baccalaureate or
- D*DD in the BTEC (QCF level 3) Extended Diploma or
- AAAAB in Scottish Highers plus AA in Scottish Advanced Highers in relevant subjects or
- A2A2A2A2A2A2 in Irish Highers or
- D3, D3, M1 in the principle subjects in the Cambridge Pre-U
How to apply for the Newtons' Scholarship 2019 entry
Students will be advised of the outcome of their application following confirmation of their A Level results and place at Surrey.