Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2018 entry
This prestigious Surrey award for undergraduates is aimed at high achievers and recognises academic excellence in your high school or equivalent leaving exams.
About the Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2018 entry
£2,000 entry scholarship in the form of a tuition fee waiver in year 1.
Eligibility criteria for the Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2018 entry
In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must:
- Be a national of one of the following countries:
- China (including Hong Kong)
- Have studied and achieved grades of AAA at A-level (excluding Critical Thinking or General Studies), or an equivalent qualification in one of the countries/territories listed below
- Be an offer holder for a 2018/19, full-time undergraduate course in any subject at the University of Surrey
- Be an overseas fee paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
- Meet all the conditions of your offer and select Surrey as your firm choice by 20 July 2018
- You must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/sponsorship, if you are eligible for the Surrey Merit Scholarship, you will receive the Surrey Merit Scholarship instead of the Surrey Prestige Scholarship
- Foundation year qualifications are not included
Equivalent qualification grade requirements
- A-level: AAA
- IB: 34
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) with 555 in three subjects, excluding Chinese Language and Liberal Studies.
- Associate Degree, Higher Certificate or Higher Diploma with 3.1 overall.
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with A-, A-, A-.
- Matrikulasi (Matriculation Certificate) with CGPA 3.67.
- Diploma with CGPA 3.20.
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with A2 in five subjects (excluding Chinese and Malay).
- ICSE/CBSE/ISC exam boards: Standard XII with 85% overall.
- State board 90%
- Advanced Placement (AP): 555
- SAT: 1320 in SAT Reasoning and 700 in three SAT Subject Tests (each).
- AP/SAT: 700 in two SAT Subject Tests (each) and 55 in two AP subjects.
- ACT: 29
- Associate Degree: GPA 3.3
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with 80% in six courses. All other Provinces 80% in 5 grade 12 courses.
How to apply for the Surrey Prestige Scholarship 2018 entry
The University will identify eligible students based on nationality so there is no application form. Students holding dual nationality are still eligible, if you have not been written to about this award please provide us with a scan of the appropriate passport to register your interest in the scheme.
All eligible offer holders that comply with the above mentioned criteria will receive a notification of the award in September 2018.