Library Code of Conduct Policy
To support our Customer Charter, this Code of Conduct sets out more detail about the standards we expect.
As a user of library services and resources we ask you:
- To carry your university campus card with you at all times to access the Library and resources and never to allow anyone else to use your campus card
- To treat fellow library users and staff with politeness and respect including in all verbal and written communications
- To keep noise to a minimum throughout the Library and to keep silent areas silent
- To take care of all library materials and equipment
- Not to leave your belongings unattended for prolonged periods or reserve study spaces when you are not present in the Library – unattended belongings may be removed by security or library staff
- Not to eat hot, messy or smelly food in the Library
- To help keep the Library clean and tidy by using bins and recycling facilities
- Never to access forbidden web material in the Library
- To leave the Library immediately if the fire alarm sounds
- To be aware of responsibilities for the health and safety of yourself and others
- To take care of and responsibility for all items borrowed on your record and return them on time
- To check and respond to library communications in a timely manner
- To read and abide by library and IT regulations and policies.