Library Christmas and New Year Opening Hours 2023-24
From 11 December until 26 December the Library will be open between 08.00-Midnight.
From 27 December the Library will resume 24 hour opening.
There will be restrictions to visitors from 3 Jan until 26 Jan
The Library is open to members of the University of Surrey, visitors and alumni, with no need to book a seat in advance of your visit.
To request a Library Visitor card, please fill in the Visitor Access Request form, then bring your confirmation email and a piece of valid photo ID with you to the Library on your first visit.
Members of the public are welcome to visit the Library for reference use of printed items, and to use the study space. All Library users are expected to abide by the Library regulations.
You can apply for a visitor pass for one day, or three months using the online Visitor Access form.
You will need to bring a valid photo ID and confirmation email to the Library and Learning Hive on level one of the Library, where staff can set up your access.
At certain times of the year visitor access will be restricted to prioritise use for University of Surrey students, so please always check our website in advance of any visit, or give us a call on +44 (0)1483 689235.
University of Surrey staff and students are automatically members of the Library. When you start your studies/job you will be issued with a campus card that provides access to the Library and allows you to borrow our resources.
We have partnered with AccessAble to develop accessible library guides to help you get to and around our buildings more easily.
Children under the age of 16 may only visit the Library with an adult, who must accompany them at all times and be responsible for their safety and behaviour.
We have floor plans for all five levels of the Library building explaining the available facilities.
How to get here
The University of Surrey Library is based at our Stag Hill campus in Guildford. You can get to us by train or car, find out more about travelling to the University.
Resources for visitors
Visitors have access to all hard copy resources within the Library. Please use SurreySearch to see what we have available in the Library.
You are welcome to use our individual and group study areas.
There are toilets on every level, with disabled toilets on the ground floor, and levels one and two. Every floor is accessible by lift.
- Ground level: Archives & Special Collections Research Room, TV studio, accessible toilets.
- Level 1: Support desk, Learning Development, Disability and Neurodiversity, training rooms (Shepard and Bellairs), group study areas, silent study room, group study rooms one to four and consultation rooms.
- Level 2: Books - shelfmarks 620 - 999, CDs, DVDs, language resource collection, open study space, silent study rooms, group study rooms five and six.
- Level 3: Individual study space, silent study room.
- Level 4: Books - shelfmarks 350 - 619, group study rooms seven to eleven, group study area.
- Level 5: Books - shelfmarks 001 - 349, law reports and journals, Doctoral College, individual study space and silent study rooms.