Following the government’s announcement on 23 March the Library is closed until further notice.
We have partnered with AccessAble to develop accessible library guides to help you get to and around our buildings more easily.
Under 16s may only visit the Library if accompanied by a parent, guardian, or adult otherwise authorised as a primary carer.
We have floor plans for all five levels of the Library building explaining where all the facilities are available.
How to get here
The University of Surrey Library is based at our Stag Hill campus in Guildford. You can get to us by train or car, find out more about travelling to the University.
Resources for visitors
Visitors have access to all hard copy resources within the Library. Please use SurreySearch to see what we have available in the Library.
You are welcome to use our individual and quiet study areas.
There are toilets on every level, with disabled toilets on the ground floor, and levels one and two. There is a lift that goes to every floor.
- Ground level: Research Room, Appleseed Books and Print, TV studio.
- Level 1: Support desk, Academic Skills and Development, Disability and Neurodiversity, training rooms (Shepard and Bellairs), group and silent study rooms, group study rooms one to four and consultation rooms.
- Level 2: Books - shelfmarks 620 - 999, CDs, DVDs, language resource collection, open study space, silent study rooms, group study rooms five and six.
- Level 3: Individual study space.
- Level 4: Books - shelfmarks 350 - 619, group study rooms, open study space.
- Level 5: Books - shelfmarks 001 - 349, law reports and journals, Doctoral College, open study space and silent study rooms.