Please always check before visiting as at certain times of the year library use will be restricted to give priority to our students. You can either check our Twitter page or give us a call on +44 (0)1483 689235.
We have partnered with AccessAble to develop accessible library guides to help you get to and around our buildings more easily.
Under 16s may only visit the Library if accompanied by a parent, guardian, or adult otherwise authorised as a primary carer.
We have floor plans for all five levels of the Library building explaining where all the facilities are available.
How to get here
The University of Surrey Library is based at our Stag Hill campus in Guildford. You can get to us by train or car, find out more about travelling to the University.
Visit our archives and special collections
Anyone is welcome to visit the Research Room to view the archive materials. Find out our opening hours and how to make an appointment.
There are printers, copiers and scanners on every level except for the ground floor. There are toilets on every level with disabled toilets being on the ground floor and levels one and two. There is also a lift that goes to every floor.
- Ground level: Research Room, Appleseed Books and Print, TV studio.
- Level 1: Support desk, Academic Skills and Development, Disability and Neurodiversity, laptop loans, training rooms (Shepard and Bellairs), group and silent study rooms, group study rooms one to four and consultation rooms.
- Level 2: Books - shelfmarks 620 - 999, CDs, DVDs, language resource collection, open study space, silent study rooms, group study rooms five and six.
- Level 3: Individual study space.
- Level 4: Books - shelfmarks 350 - 619, group study rooms, open study space.
- Level 5: Books - shelfmarks 001 - 349, law reports and journals, Doctoral College, open study space and silent study rooms.